Nether Roof Overworld Portals

Atomic_Snarl

Nether Roof Overworld Portals

Post by Atomic_Snarl » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Hello happy people! I'm one of the newer players, and I'm enjoying the place very much. In my previous adventures, I was very much a roads and transportation type. so I have an idea about the Nether Roof. The ice highway and mine cart systems are very helpful, but I think there's room to improve, especially for the new arrivals wanting to get set up somewhere.

I suggest a system of world portals, located about every 3000 blocks, which is a 375 spacing on the nether roof. They would be marked, and placed to avoid collisions with established bases and such. Portals spawning over water would have a platform and water elevator to the ocean below.

This is based on my first days here, and seeing other new arrivals blunder about on the Nether Roof. In my case, the helpful greeter directed me to the Nether Hub staircase, and I found myself on the roof and only a general idea where to travel. So, I wandered off and blundered into a couple of bases until finally finding a open surface portal. Things went from there and I got established. I would like to see more Roof portals like this to help others get around and get going.

I've access to plenty of Obsidian and Lime Green Wool to mark them as open Overworld portals, and the inclination to do it because I like to discover stuff. Now that the world is 50K diameter, more Roof access would probably be a good thing!

Comments please?